Is it DEVILISH CLEVERNESS or ANGELIC STUPIDITY?
Guys, there was a continuation to the post about Charles Thomson attacked by Michael’s fans. It was at a different place (MJ’s forum) where our Beatriz explained to me that it was wrong to defend Charles Thomson.
The short of her message was that everything Deborah Ffrench said was not true and that she was a liar. It was her, not Charles, who wrote a couple of articles about Michael. He had a blog, that conveniently dissapeared after this problem started, where he revealed some connections with Sony and spoke badly about Michael. Presently he is talking about Michael being a drug addict. The address of Bonnie Cox (the one who ‘exposed’ Charles Thomson) is http://michaelsguardian.blogspot.com/
I know Beatriz as a true fan of Michael’s and that is why I am more than worried about her words. This is why I reposted the initial article in the home page again and suggest we have a serious look at the situation around Bonnie Cox and Charles Thomson.
1) Bonnie Cox claims that Newshound despicable blog and Charles Thomson’s blog are authored by the same person. However if you read both you’ll see that the language they use are absolutely different:
To a native speaker the difference may not look that evident but foreigners will definitely feel it – Newshound’s style is more ‘clipped’ and has a different grammar structure which makes it more difficult to understand it – while Charles Thomson’s texts are easy flowing, the eye doesn’t stumble there and nothing requires constant rereading (foreigners will understand).
By the way Charles speaks in the same easy manner as he writes (listen to his great interview about Michael’s character assassination we’ve never seen before, if you haven’t done it yet).
Please note that in part 5 of the interview he refers to some Michael’s detractors who consider him and Deborah Ffrench one and the same person (which they are not). Funny how it reminded me of Michael saying that “he and Janet were two different people”….
The look and color scheme of both blogs is practically identical. I wonder if it was done on purpose, so that every newcomer immediately thought that the author was one and the same person… If Charles Thomson was the author of the second blog and wanted to keep it a secret it was a terribly unwise thing to do to make it look the exact replica of his own blog – unless he WANTED to be exposed by vigilant Michael’s fans, of course.
The content of the blogs however is dramatically different – Newhound is gossipy and sounds like a tabloid to me while Charles is a no-nonsense author who never uses any tabloid tricks like referring to unnamed sources (“my sources tell me”) or discussing rumors (which is exactly what our Bonnie Cox is doing in her blog). If Thomson did have Newshound on his blogroll he could have used it for learning the latest gossip – in the same way in which I attend haters’ sites to get to know what new tricks they are up to.
2) All the havoc created around Charles Thomson centers on him saying that Michael Jackson was a drug addict. I have never heard Charles speaking about it and he himself says he mentioned it somewhere in his Twitter account which was exactly what suddenly triggered off all the avalanche.
It is top important to see WHAT EXACTLY he said in this connection. From the reserved way he generally speaks on ‘sensitive’ issues I can assume that his manner was no different in the question of Michael’s drugs either.
We all know that at a certain point of his life Michael did have a problem with drug addiction (he admitted it himself – see the Morphine song, his rehabilitation in London, complaints from LMP, deposition in Mexico). And though he did have such a problem, there is absolutely NO WAY we can blame him for it as the 15-year long crucifixion he was going through is incomparable to anything all of us have ever, EVER, EVER endured.
After a couple of years of such martyrdom few of us would have been able to survive at all, while Michael managed to raise three wonderful children (in the midst of all the nightmare), keep writing fantastic music, give great performances and still remain a remarkable human being. What a wonder it is – though being gentle by nature he showed the endurance, fortitude and toughness no other person in the world would have ever been capable of….
But what makes his stoicism absolutely AWESOME is that despite the atmosphere of ridicule and harassment in which he lived on a permanent basis he did not go downhill as one would expect it, but managed to do the impossible – overcome his narcotics addiction as the autopsy report definitely showed it!
The report said that there were no traces of narcotics in his system and that he was clean as a baby except that propofol thing which he took for his awful sleeplessness – and those who are familiar with the problem know that you will take anything, just anything to get some sleep (even if you don’t have to give 50 shows starting tomorrow).
The fact that Michael DID beat his narcotics addiction means that he did something which is beyond human possibilities – especially given the circumstances in which he had to be living. This makes me admire him more than ever and absolutely marvel at the inner strength of this seemingly frail man, his toughness, endurance and never-changing purity…. And if you also remember that it were doctors who introduced him to drugs for relieving his pain after the hair burn, I hope this will close the subject of his ‘drug addiction’ once and for all – its nature was completely different from anything we know of and was far from any self-indulgence and inner corruption the addiction to narcotics is usually associated with.
Getting back to Charles Thomson I would say that the fact of him mentioning drugs in connection with MJ is a mere nothing – I have also mentioned it just now, so what? It is actually what Charles said about this issue which is the only thing that matters here. And I will be truly grateful if someone gives me a link to the text where Charles Thomson speaks about drugs in Michael’s life to be able to form an opinion on this matter.
3) The last crime Charles Thomson is accused of by our Bonnie Cox is his friendship with Taraborrelli. I am not a particular fan of Taraborrelli though he does not seem as bad as Diane Dimond et al.
I don’t know whether Thomson and Taraborrelli are bosom friends or just acquaintances – however I do know that whatever degree their friendship is it is absolutely no reason for railroading Charles Thomson the way it is done by Bonnie Cox and her top emotional followers.
Below are some excerpts from her blog. Please note that she is using typically tabloid methods of argumentation – no proof for the most outrageous lies, no mention of the sources, hints at some dark rumors circulating here and there, vague phrases like ‘it has been brought to my attention’, lies first dropped and then solidified by further logical conclusions made on their basis (as if these lies were considered already proven) and lots and lots of other things.
Actually it is quite a paradox that a ‘fan’ of Michael Jackson would use absolutely the same defamation technique as the one that was employed by the yellow press for trashing Michael Jackson. One would think that Michael’s fans should be above such methods…. However Bonnie Cox proves otherwise …. If she is a fan, of course… Well, whatever her motives are one thing is clear – she is definitely a product of tabloid journalism as she resorts to ABSOLUTELY the same methods and tricks which are used by tabloids in their defamation campaign against Michael Jackson.
See for yourself:
- “…it has been brought to my attention that Charles Thompson and the Lowlynewshound are one and the same”
- “Charles Thomson makes his living off of entertainers. I do not. If he did not want his involvement with “LowlyNewshound” exposed, all he had to do was write me and talk to me POLITELY. I don’t respond well to obscenity laden threats.
- I do not condone, nor did I take part in any Twitter or FB attacks on Charles. I did have to block him from my FB page, email server, as well as several others he sent my way. I have not visited any groups that people have sent me in which he has bashed me. I have no interest in entertaining his temper tantrums.
- The Lowlynewshound was started in March of 2008. The last post was September of 2009. It was a blog that had not been updated since then. I don’t know what Thomson’s motivations were with “Lowly”. I don’t know why he wrote the blog, and I don’t know why he could be so nasty to Michael Jackson in one blog and turn around and defend him in another. All I know is that he did.
- When Thomson demanded that I prove it was him, he removed the blog and the twitter account. Then proceeded to carpet-bomb me with emails and facebook messages gloating over the fact that the proof was now gone”.
- ”The Lowlynewshound has been taken down, both the blog and the associated Twitter account. Charles has since been on the attack on Twitter, I’ve had to block him from my Facebook page, report him to my ISP for spam because of the emails, and has spammed the Michael support sites with his vitriol. We won’t even talk about the language that was used…”
- “I have not talked to, attacked or responded to Charles’s temper tantrums, cursing, threats or bullying”.
Who is the above written about? CHARLES THOMSON? Are you kidding? Charles Thomson busy spamming blogger Bonnie Cox with emails? And using bad language at that? Oh dear, he doesn’t NEED using bad language – with professional skills like his Charles can turn his pen into a razor sharp sword for exactly the same purpose (if he wants to, of course).
And what is this nonsene about him having to prove he is no ‘Lowlynewhound” all about? Demanding a thing like that is like me insisting that Aphrodite Jones proves to me anything I want of her (by the way, will Aphrodite be Bonnie Cox’s next victim, I wonder?)
Charles Thomson could have very well ignored the ridiculous demands of this Bonnie Cox woman – however in the circumstances he suddenly found himself in it was easier said than done. I can imagine what tantrum Bonnie Cox’s followers arranged for poor Charles if the comments following her post take some 50 pages – all of them written in the same furious style:
- Since Mr. Thomson (or whatever his name is) might be reading this blog, this is my open message to him: Enough is enough. CT, go home. The whole world is against you. Writing ONE decent article about Michael (five years too late, by the way) isn’t enough to buy our respect when you shamelessly call him “a drug addict” and draw your sources from Sony and AEG.
- It looks like upon criticism, you deactivated your FB account, your Twitter account AND your blog. Poor ‘Charlie’! Be ‘proud’ of your non-existent b****. My six-year-old sister is more courageous.
- Thank you so much Bonnie for another great read! Your calm and mature responses set a good example, and one that I would hope people learn from. My frustration is NOT only with Charles Thomson, a two faced wanna be journalist who bashed Michael with a sercet blog until he got caught but also “FANS” who extend support to this two-faced journalist wannabe!!!! His 1 article on media bias is his cover! He writes on media bias then turn around to call Michael an ADDICT.
- Pond scum Thomson and the rest of his bottom-feeding peers are ‘floating’ to the top as the bright Light of Truth exposes them. His need for 2 different opining blogs – is reflective of his duplicitous nature – the Judas and his 30 pieces of silver. He wants to ensure he always gets paid – so whatsoever it is – whether ‘fashionable’ to malign MJ – he’s the lowly newshound; and when the Light of Truth shines and reveals MJ’s purity – Thomson then quickly spins his “I knew it was the truth all along”
- (Bonnie’s comment): CharlesThomson blog is not really MJ friendly either. He just had that one article in support of Michael against the press, which I liked. But anyone trivializing Michael’s musical and artistic talents, is he insane? Michael’s was performing for more years than Charles has been alive! And Charles is going to grade Michael Jackson? Where does Charles get the helium to inflate his ego! Michael could moonwalk his little booty into Neverneverland! Charles was getting his “Michael Jackson Expertise” from the fan websites and blogs of people who DID THE RESEARCH.
- If everything Charles has done so far is true, and by looking at the evidence you’ve provided it sounds like it is, then that one article he wrote in favor of Michael has gone out the window. That one article no longer counts as something good because he probably didn’t write it and really mean it.
- Mr Thomson, I might not have yours or Bonnie’s eloquence with words or but I am surgical with sniffing out phonies that lie. YOU, Sir are a lying phony…an amateur journalist-wannabe who bashed Michael via a secret blog admitting to have AEG & Sony sources. I was skeptic at first, then I fact-checked. I noticed you reported events BEFORE they happened. It’s plain to see you indeed were being feed by AEG & Sony “sources” that “leaked” info.
- Your PATHETIC attempt to trivialize the expose is just that…PATHETIC, LAUGHABLE really, I am highly amused. I used to respect you, I even sent you an email thanking you after your article about media bias. I thought you were one of few journalists with integrity & objectivity. I am beginning to believe that concept is now out-of-fashion among journalists that simpleton fans took on the duty to report the facts, how sad! Turns out, your media bias aticle was your cover & meal ticket while your real feelings you ranted about from a secret blog. In your ruse, you gained undeserving praises of ignorant MJ fans who, like Michael, are terrible at recognizing wolves is sheep’s clothing.
- Sir you are NOT a journalist, you PLAY journalist. YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN MARTIN BASHIR. You are so nervous that we might encounter new clues to your connection that you removed LowlyNewHound blog & twiiter, closed your SECOND blog to comments & limited your twitter to those you know won’t analyze your past tweets. Charles, WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? WHY SUCH “DRASTIC COURSE OF ACTION”?
- Don’t expect this topic to die down. We are just beginning, Charles. TO BE CONTINUED….
Did you have enough of it, dear reader? These people praise Bonnie for making ‘research’ and are ready to throw away ‘the only one’ article which was ‘probably not written’ by Charles Thomson at all while they don’t know the very BASIC thing about this journalist – he has written dozens of articles in support of Michael Jackson. My blog alone has several of them not to mention his great radio interview also posted there.
CHARLES THOMSON spent the enormous amount of time on doing really thorough research before writing his vindication articles about Michael Jackson.
CHARLES THOMSON was the first serious journalist who started telling the truth about Michael Jackson on a consistent basis, proving each and every point of his arguments in Michael’s defense by the irrefutable evidence of his innocence.
CHARLES THOMSON was the first to call upon the people of his trade to reconsider their attitude towards Jackson and raise the standard of reporting information about him.
CHARLES THOMSON has done more for Michael Jackson than any of the people who are so gleefully berating and harassing him now taken together.
CHARLES THOMSON is one of the first birds of a new type of journalist emerging at last – honest, responsible, thorough, unbiased and courageous.
Now, due to the efforts of our Bonnie Cox Charles Thomson is no longer writing about Michael Jackson – he is discredited, busy defending himself and no longer presents a danger to Michael’s haters as he has to keep silent about the man whom he has been defending so successfully for so many months…
Is this the only damage done? NO, FAR FROM IT.
Another British writer, Deborah Ffrench, who has recently done a great research (see here please) into the 1993 case and the way the ‘molestation’ myth was created, has said a word in support of Charles Thomson. And we have suddenly learned from a true but brainwashed Michael’s fan that ‘she is also a liar’ and that ‘she was actually the one who wrote those Thomson’s articles’.
So let me see… if the two (or the three?) of them are one …. this means…. this means that Deborah French, same as Charles Thomson, is also a traitor and backstabber and all the work she has done should be thrown away as a complete lie!
So now that both Charles Thomson and Deborah French are discredited, will that be all? Big as it is, is it the only damage done? NO, FAR FROM IT.
Michael’s fans are divided – some are gleefully supporting our great Bonnie Cox, others are indignantly fighting her followers. One camp is turning on the other camp with poor Michael Jackson and his vindication (in the eyes of the general public) being completely forgotten or put aside until some better times (I also used to do vindication research – see what I am busy with now).
So Michael’s fanbase has been undermined and fans don’t know whom to believe any longer. Will that be all at last? NO, FAR FROM IT.
It is time to remember that the essence of Bonnie Cox’s blog is fighting Sony as the main villain in Michael’s harassment and his never-ending battle for retaining his dignity and good name. A villain it may be (especially that Tommy Mottola guy whom Michael Jackson called a devil and who no longer works for Sony as far as I understand) and there will SURELY be a time when the role of the Sony management in Michael’s fate will be investigated in minute detail. But is the time chosen for attacking Sony the right one NOW?
Not out of terrible love for Michael Jackson but for reasons of their own Sony is very much interested in promoting Michael’s music and his new records to get as much profit from him as it is possible. Paradoxically the more money they make the better royalties Michael Jackson’s estate gets too and the better is the chance they’ll repay Michael’s debt on time which is due this November (without the need to restructure it on evidently less profitable terms).
So undermining Sony NOW would be equivalent to committing suicide for Michael’s fans and cutting the branch on which Michael’s estate is sitting on – as the angrier the fans are with what Sony did to Michael the less they are likely to buy anything from Sony at all… Following this logic the next step would be boycotting Sony right at the time when Michael Jackson’s estate needs it most and I will be surprised if our great Bonnie does not call Michael’s fans to such a boycott soon (if she hasn’t done it yet).
Let us sum up the consequences of Bonnie Cox’s great escapade if it is successful:
1) Charles Thomson, the first and only journalist who started writing the truth about Michael Jackson on a consistent basis is neutralized now. His blog is locked, his reputation almost ruined in the eyes of some Michael’s fans and he is stalled in his work as nobody will probably listen to him even if he provides the most brilliant arguments in favor of Michael’s innocence.
2) Deborah Ffrench is discredited too as she was reckless enough to support Charles Thomson and ‘she is also the ghost-writer for Charles Thomson’s best articles’ which automatically makes her a liar and a rouge too.
3) Michael’s fans are divided and are fighting each other over the above two points.
4) Sony is being severely bashed and Michael’s fans are on the verge of boycotting it and its produce (which are Michael’s records).
5) And all this is done because Charles Thomson mentioned Michael’s addiction, is friends with Taraborrelli and had one certain blog in his blogroll.
And also because Bonnie Cox didn’t like him….
As if there is nobody else but Charles Thomson there in the field full of thousands of Michael’s dedicated haters. As if there is no Diane Dimond, Tom Sneddon, Nancy Grace, Ray Chandler, Victor Gutierrez, Anderson and hundreds of others whose names I don’t know but who keep inventing dirty stories about Michael, ridicule him on a daily basis and scornfully refer to him as “Jacko” even after his death.
NO, out of all those candidates for practicing our blogger’s writing skills it is only Charles Thomson who is selected as the main culprit.
- Is this Bonnie Cox woman mad or what? Could it be because of her continuous thinking about various conspiracies that something went wrong in her mind?
- Or is she simply an emotional fan who can no longer remember herself and what she is doing?
- Or is she a joker?
- Or is she just stupid in her own inimitable way?
- Or is she a special kind of a hater? You know, the type who is keen on covert provocation, who starts a fight and then suddenly disappears in the midst of all havoc?
- Or is she a self-aggrandizing person who marvels at a chance of showing her power over great masses of people and turning them wherever she directs them to?
It is up to you to decide.
* * *
Since this post has received great comments let me include some of them (sorry for not being able to include all) as an update:
ABBY explains why Charles has such strong support from MJ fans such as herself:
- Ya know Charles, at this point I really don’t care if you were the lowly Newshound. And if you were and felt the need to deny it for whatever reason, I would understand. It’s irrelevant to me, and here’s why. I read the blog when it was first speculated that it was you. I can’t say I found anything particularly offensive, nothing that jumped out at me, there was a lot of insider information that some might deem negative, but honestly I wouldn’t go so far as to call this person a hater. Perhaps this person wasn’t an MJ fan, but music critics and journalists of popular culture are not always fans of the people they cover.
But more importantly I respect that in 2008 you were one of the only journalists to interview Aphrodite Jones for her book “Michael Jackson Conspiracy” at a time when it was even more unpopular for journalists to even suggest that Michael was innocent. It was on your blog that I first found out about Aphrodite doing a documentary based on information from her book, it was on your blog that I confirmed what my own findings were about the Michaels FBI file. So many media outlets were twisting the facts and I could clearly see that from being able to read the file myself. It was refreshing to see that you would tackle analyzing the file as well. It was your interview with KFPA that gave me hope, that maybe other young journalists like yourself would follow suit and expose the media for their vicious and bias treatment of Michael during the trial. It was your blog that pointed out the blatant media bias after the Evan Chandler suicide and your blog that questioned the ethics of another journalist who called Michael a “common pedofile”. It was your blog, your interview for sawf, and I believe your first Huffington Post article where I saw Gene Simmons’ slanderous statements about Michael being refuted. It was your most recent piece to the Huffington Post about “The most Shameful Episode in Journalistic History” that warmed my heart on June 13th, to know that someone as brave as you existed in the world to call the media out on their blatant unprofessionalism and to actually name names. All of this information that still exists on your blog, can be easily corroborated. Fans such as myself have most likely combed through many of the same articles you have.
My point is, when it comes to Michael and the media treatment of him over the years particularly during the trial it is more than obvious that you are credible, unbiased, objective and courageous. Those of us who aren’t journalists can only imagine the risk one takes with their own careers by calling out the specific folks in the media they way you have. Honestly nothing you have done in the past year remotely resembles an MJ hater, I don’t know if you’re an “MJ Fan”, per se, nor do I care, that’s not what I come to your blog for quite frankly.
The idea that somehow you are looking to profit off of this venture of proving Michael’s innocense seems, well, misguided to put it mildly. If only it were profitable for someone to portray Michael as an innocent man amidst all the negativity towards him that still exists in the media.
So again, keep up the good work!”
And DIALDANCER adds a marvelous finishing touch:
- It seems since the initial grieving has passed our natural personalities are asserting themselves. Temperament disparities and engorged egos are causing quite a bit of trouble.
Many of us were new to social networking until Michael’s death and us finding our way to a Fan Site. These sites were in essence home, in that we were comfortable, talking of anything and everything. Once many turned to advocacy work we became aware there were those who lurked and spied upon us. The Media, Murray’s people, hate bloggers, law enforcement, perhaps the Estate, and for sure Sony.
In some cases we became more discrete with our plans and in others not. The one thing we forgot were the note takers and undercover haters. Those who pretend to love, respect and believe in Michael, but were there to listen in and report or subtly cause strife, cast doubts and hurt the more vulnerable, and shut us down. Some were there from the beginning and others arrived later. Once we started showing signs of organized and successful vindication activity the attacks started getting worse.
I do not have to like Charles’ friends. I do not expect Charles to be a Michael Jackson Fan, that’s my job. All I expect from him is objective and accurate reporting to the public, exposing who, how and why Michael Jackson’s name has become synonymous with child molestation. Hell for all we know he could be Diane Dimond’s second cousin. I will continue to support him, until I alone see reason not to.
- Somewhere along the way we Fans seem to have left our common sense and common courtesy behind. Charles Thomson is not obligated to dedicate his life or talents to telling the truth about Michael. He is not supposed to be a Fan, Supporter or the official MJ Community Reporter. His public writings would not be as effective if he were. Other Medias would say his articles are biased. He’d lose credibility and his credibility in his writings is what we need. How long did it take Ms. Jones to get back in the door after she wrote Conspiracy? She is still portrayed by the Media as a Fan, not to be taken seriously.
Name one Journalist who has published more stories of a positive note on Michael in the past year? One whose information on MJ is verifiable and used by all of us?
We’ve become presumptuous. We publicly make arrangements, demand support for any number of things without addressing the person first. We assume they have no other plans, concerns or consider possible conflicts, then bash them if are unable or unwilling to fall in with our plans. Let Charles Thomson be what we need to inform the unaware. An objective Journalist.